Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mattel Toy Recall

How many recalls must there be before Mattel says they have to raise the prices of their toys because they are going to have ALL their toys manufactured in the US where these laws are more seriously enforced.

Clearly China does not care about who dies as a result of their lack of quality control.

We insist on low prices. This is what we get.

It is next to impossible to refuse to buy anything from China. At Walmart virtually everything comes from China (so they say.)

We must be willing to pay more and have less things in our life.

I know this presents the greatest hardship to people on disabilities who live on a measley fixed income as it is. So we also have to insist on spending more of our taxes on programs such as SSI and SSDI.

We in the US have the right to believe that the goods we buy in our stores are safe. Where is the quality control?

I cannot boycott all goods made in China, but I sure am going to try to boycott them to the best of my ability.

2 comments:

cripchick said...

it's definitely a deliemma--- cheap prices v. quality. i think also when the prices are cheap is when people on the end are being exploited.


i hope you will consider joining the e-campaign against pity and the jerry lewis telethon this weekend! even if you are for cure, it's good to fight against ableist messages about disability. to find out more, please visit http://crip-power.com (sorry for posting this in a comment instead of an email.)

i've been reading your blog for a while now, but just figured out how to leave a comment since i have wordpress instead of blogger.

Disability Blogger said...

I agree with you completely on this. In fact, I posted recently on the same issue (Why cheap labor is bad for America).
I don't read many blogs but I've found yours to be interesting and thought-provoking. I also noticed you have the 19th floor listed. That's one of my favorites. The dry wit is very good.