Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blogger Tag

I read David Hingsburger's blog and today he posted " I haven't heard of blogger tag and was surprised to be 'it'. The rules, yes there are rules for everything ...

Here's the rules.

1. Let others know who tagged you. (David Hingsburger)

2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. (see below)

3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. (here they are)

4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged. (hmmmm)

Random fact 1: I hate summer. It is too hot and I can't take off enough clothes. If I was a man I am sure I would like it better - that or lived in a nudist colony.

Random fact 2: For the first 18 years of my life my favorite color was yellow. I hated pink. I think I loved yellow because it was gender neutral. When I discovered it was good to be a woman I began to love pink - and still do.

Random fact 3: I have an enormously long gum wrapper chain I made when I was 14. Over time it has disintegrated, but I still have around fifty feet of gum chain. I try to throw it away periodically, but, but, but....!

Random fact 4: My son's real name is not Teddy - but everyone has always called him that. He was named, when adopted, after my beloved dalmation-sheepdog, who I named after a character in Winnie the Pooh.

Random fact 5: When I was very small I was a redhead, then my hair turned yellow blonde, then it turned what we called dirty dish water blonde, then brown, and in my twenties started to turn silver. So I dyed it red. I stopped when I adopted my son - it didn't seem important anymore what color my hair was.

Random fact 6: I still have the first article of clothing I ever bought myself with my own money without my mom. I took the bus downtown to J. L. Hudson's. I spent hours trying to decide what this first all important purchase was going to be. It was a dark blue dress with a flower print, shirt sleeves, round neck, empire waist, and hung to my ankles. I still love it. And wish I could still wear it.

Random fact 7: I have a fireplace in my house that has been lit only once. I like the look of it, but it just never occurs to me that I want it lit.

Random fact 8: When I eat a Hershey's kiss, I love to spread the foil out and flatten with my thumbnail so there are absolutely no creases in it.

Now to figure out who I will tag!!!!!!

So far..... Pipecleaner Dreams, Pitt Rehab, This is Not my Country , Can't Teach This, & Wheelie Catholic. I'm surprised by how many people have already been tagged.

5 comments:

Dave Hingsburger said...

Hey, as you taggerd, I'm really pleased you participated in this fun little game. Blogger tag certainly is more civilized that that horrid game we played as children! What fun it is to learn 8 things about others.

Belinda said...

Hi Susan,
I loved reading about "you."

This is fun!

Belinda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Connie said...

What, you've only just started blogging and already you've been tagged? - or "memed" as I just recently learned the more sophisticated bloggers call it. We were recently "goosed" (as in duck, duck, goose) with the same 8 questions - kinda fun huh?

Well I just wanted to introduce myself and welcome you to the blogoshere! We look forward to getting to know you...and your handsome son!

Ruth said...

Thanks for tagging me and enjoyed reading your 8 random things!